Saturday, December 15, 2012

Not a Fad "Diet", a Change in Lifestyle

Change in lifestyle.... Those are scary words, especially if you rather like your current lifestyle. And it's supposed to be a permanent change. This isn't a week or month long experiment.
As a former health and PE teacher with a degree in Health Education, I know what to do...I just don't do it, and it shows. I fill my body with genetically modified, chemical laden, and preservative filled "food." The word "artificial" is in most of the ingredient lists of foods I eat. I'm tricking my body with fake food! It doesn't know what to do with it! But the trick is actually on me.
So I'm going to change what I put in my body. I know I won't be perfect at first, and maybe never. Tosca Reno, in her book The Eat-Clean Diet, calls them "treats." Yes, the book refers to this as a diet...but it uses the correct definition of the word, please excuse the indulgence of my degree here, as a diet is just the food we put into our bodies on a regular basis.
This will take planning, accountability, and a healthy dose of willpower. Sounds like an adventure! So what's this blog for? Partly accountability and partly information, just in case there are others out there interested in doing this or already are. I believe we learn from others. I will share recipes, new foods I've discovered, triumphs, defeats, tips, whatever!
I'm currently re-reading The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged, making notes and journaling.




Click on the picture to go to the Eat-Clean website (which is amazing on its own) and order her book. Or pick it up at your bookstore. Full of great, no-nonsense information. Worth every penny!
Today's nugget...
Body healthy formula = 80% nutrition + 10% training + 10% genetics. (p.16)
The adventure has begun!
Happy fueling!
~Suzanne
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment