Sunday, December 30, 2012

Week One Planned!

The key to eating clean is planning. To be successful you can't just go through your day hoping you eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours "clean" food, making sure to include a protein and complex carbohydrate each time. At least I can't. I've decided to plan my week on Saturdays and shop on Sundays. (I'm also starting out saying Sundays are free. I know having an entire day free is not good for everyone. But I found last time it worked for me and I was actually really good on Sundays anyway. No sense ruining what you've worked so hard for!)
I keep referring to "last time." This ain't my first eat clean rodeo. I did it for 4 weeks and lost 16 pounds. Why did I quit? It's an excuse, but I worked night shift, 3 nights a week. At least twice a week I would stay awake for at least 36 hours. I couldn't keep an eating schedule and basically just gave up. But I know it works and I'm ready to try again. And, I don't work night shift anymore :).
I am, however, a grad school student and substitute teacher. Which means I'm quite busy and never know exactly how my day is going to go. I guess very few people have an ideal situation though.
Back to planning...
So here is my plan for January 1 - January 5. You may notice a few repeats of meals. I'm single so I will have" planned-overs." And I'm not a breakfast food fan typically, not healthy breakfast food anyway, and I really like the omelet and the scrambled eggs the way I make them. You will also notice sharp cheddar cheese. I LOVE cheese. I will allow myself 1 ounce a day... Or I doom myself to completely fail!










It's week one so I assume I'll get better at mixing things up. The goal this month is pretty much to stay on a schedule and eat as clean as possible!

Happy fueling!
~ Suzanne

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment