Saturday, December 22, 2012

Oatmeal experiment 1....FAIL!

I've always said that I don't like oatmeal. Truth is, I've never actually tried oatmeal. In her book The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged, Tosca Reno sings the praises of starting your day with oatmeal. So, I thought I'd give it a try. How to explain this..... It's not the oatmeal that's so bad, I think I could develop a taste for it, it's the warm water you eat with it. Yuck! I followed her directions (1/2 cup of oats, 1 cup hot water, cover with a plate and let "cook" for 10 minutes). This is what I got.



So I started looking for pictures and recipes of the perfect oatmeal on Pinterest and they all look soupy like this.
Any suggestions? I thought about using less water to "cook" them or putting it all through a sieve.
I'm glad I'm experimenting though, so when I actually have to plan my day of food I don't run into this stuff often. I know me and that would translate into a trip to Hardee's for a chicken biscuit which is not clean!

Happy fueling!

~ Suzanne

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I only eat VERY stiff oatmeal. The runny stuff is nasty. I use very little water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try less water...thanks!

    ReplyDelete