Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mutiny from within!

After my awesome lunch I blogged about yesterday I had to outdo myself for dinner...and I did. Blackened salmon, roasted Brussels sprouts, and cilantro lime quinoa.




Cilantro lime quinoa is extremely flavorful and super easy! I make my quinoa in my rice cooker. I sprinkled some minced onions in there too. When it's done just add a handful or two of fresh chopped cilantro and juice from a lime. Add them to your tastes, start conservative, you can always toss some more in. How easy is that?
Day two was going great. I was perfectly on track. Then my dad asks me if I want to go to dinner. My own family sabotaging me! How do I say "no" to my dad?? He suggested Mexican. I vetoed that quick! We ended up going to a local restaurant, Demos'. I had a sirloin steak, whole wheat spaghetti with (don't judge) brown butter and garlic with mushrooms sauce and a small bowl of chicken and rice soup. BUT, I immediately cut my steak in half and halved the spaghetti and put them in a to go box. AND I didn't have ANY bread. All in all I consider it a semi-success. Definitely not a complete failure.
I have no idea what my schedule will be tomorrow. If I substitute teach it will be my first "cooler" day. Whatever it brings I'm planned and ready!
Happy Fueling!
~ Suzanne
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment