Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Total Update Tuesday and Recipe Review

New Year's Day was on a Tuesday this year so I'm posting my weekly totals every Tuesday. After a slow week last week (only 0.8 pounds) this week I'm excited to report I'm down another 3.4 pounds! Current grand total of 11 pounds!
I had a far from perfect week, which may or may not have included all-you-can eat catfish at City Limits Cafe on Friday night with Coke.

Now to the recipe review!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You are literally breaking your fast since you've gone, hopefully, 6-10 hours without eating. But many of us are a bit rushed in the morning. I don't even have kids, so I can't imagine what those of you that do go through in the morning.
I'm usually an egg white omelet girl. A few mushrooms, green onions and a little cheese. It's fairly quick but I want something even quicker. I found a recipe for Hash Brown, Sausage, and Egg Muffins in the November/ December 2012 Clean Eating magazine.
FIRST OF ALL let me tell you these are NOT quick to make, but it makes 12 and I froze them so that I could just pop them in the microwave in the mornings.



My thoughts: more trouble to make than they are worth I think. They taste good, don't get me wrong. But the recipe says the total time to make these is 1 hour and 10 minutes. Mine took longer because my eggs weren't done in the time they said they would be (and they don't figure in clean up 😁).
I used lean turkey sausage instead of chicken sausage. I give high praises to the taste of Jenny O's lean turkey sausage....very good. Other than that I followed the recipe.
As for freezing, they taste better fresh, but 2 minutes in the microwave was enough. I sliced them with my fork after a minute so the middle would get warm.
I'm not sure I'll be making these again soon, but I'll enjoy quick and brainless breakfasts this week!

Grad school starts tonight. I'm about to get some major use out of my cooler. I'll be okay if I can stay away from Blue Coast Burrito!

Happy Fueling!

~ Suzanne

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment