Saturday, January 5, 2013

Water, Water Everywhere!

Did you know our bodies are over 60% water? I'd say water is pretty important. So how much water should you drink? The answers I've found vary from 48 oz (6 eight ounce glasses) to 2 gallons a day. That's quite a difference. It seems every health guru has an opinion. In my year of eating clean I'm going to follow the Eat Clean Diet book and go with 2-3 liters a day. Now I know that sounds like a lot, but I probably drank that much fluid on most days anyway. Except before it was sodas and caffeinated tea. Now it's water, green tea, and herbal teas.


I split it up like the book suggests. It's working well for me. All week I've had at least 2 1/2 liters of water each day. I have 1 liter (32 ounces) with breakfast. This is the hardest but I make myself chug it throughout an hour in the morning. Then with the other 5 meals I drink 1/2 liter. That's just 16 ounces. For lunch and dinner meals I usually have either green tea or an herbal tea (both iced) to mix it up.
I'm lucky, I like water. I know a lot of people don't. Adding a lemon, lime, or orange might help. If you want to keep it clean don't add those drink packets (just look at the ingredients), stay natural. But most herbal teas do not have caffeine and count as water as well. My personal favorite is Biglow's Plantation Mint tea.


I pour it over ice and it reminds me of when I was little and it was my job to pick the fresh mint to put in our tea at dinner.
If you want to take baby steps into a cleaner lifestyle I suggest to start with water. It will help you reduce or cut out sodas and juices and that will make a huge difference in how you feel!

Happy Fueling!

~ Suzanne


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment