Thursday, May 30, 2013

Motivation vs. Determination

I have been reading a blog I heard about on a podcast (I am getting so technology savvy it is scaring me) called Runs for Cookies. It is written by a lady in Michigan that has lost 125 pounds and kept it off. I think we are related. We both chew ice, are closet Eminem fans (guess not anymore), crochet, sew, and that's just a few of the things I can relate to reading her blog. I've never met Katie before, but she is the reason I am on this journey again. When I reach my goal, I am going to have to meet her! (I am not a stalker, I promise!) Anyway, I have started reading at the beginning and read several posts each day. It is always what I need to hear! Today was no exception.

I was in Kentucky last night for a graduation and didn't get home until almost 2:00 am and didn't get into bed until 3 am. Needless to say, I did not get up and go to the gym at 7:00! I got up around 10 and had my protein shake and vitamins. I was NOT in the mood to go to the gym... AT ALL! So I opened my computer and started reading her blog. This is the link to the post I read today. READ IT!It was exactly the kick in the pants I needed to get out the door and go to the gym! I had ZERO motivation, but only I can decide just how determined I am to lose the weight!. I am determined!! Determination trumps motivation....if you have it.

My food intake was better today, probably because I slept most of the day. (I got up at 10 and took a nap from 1:30 to 5:00.) But I had tuna fish with just a tiny bit of Miracle Whip and cheese for lunch, and for dinner..




That would be a filet cooked medium rare with herbed butter, mushroom couscous with parmesan and roasted asparagus with parmesan. Okay, I went a little overboard with the parmesan. I was within my calorie goal according to Sparkpeople....then I had ice cream and homemade hot fudge. Yeah, that put me a couple hundred calories over for the day. But today was the first day I actually recorded everything I ate and it isn't a commitment to keep track or to stay within a range so I am good with it!
I'm still going strong with my no soda commitment!

So, obviously few, if any, people are reading my blog, but I'm not broadcasting to my Facebook friends that I am writing it. That is about to change. I desperately need some readers! I might as well be writing all of this in a journal!

Please do click the links to Katie's blog! (I'm referring to her like I know her or something.) She is brutally honest and inspiring!

Daily question: (something for you to comment on when you have nothing else to say;))
Are you a "closet" fan of anyone?

Happy Thursday!

Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. Ok I have tried 7 times to leave a comment and it won't take my gmail account so I will leave it as anonymous!

    You got this! Keep up the good work!
    Love ya, Ellyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! My first comment! I have no clue why it isn't letting you sign in!

      Delete