Friday, May 31, 2013

Overwhelmed!

I knew my friends would respond, but I am a little overwhelmed at it still! I even figured out how to make a private group on Facebook, which I named Suzanne's Rocks, because these people are my rocks, so I can let them know when I have blogged. Speaking of blogging, my dear friend Suzzanne (she totally spells her name wrong but won't change it) told me yesterday about a Blogathon that starts tomorrow. It is a challenge to blog every day in June. I signed up, so more on that tomorrow.

I slept in a little this morning, not till 10:00 but till 8:15. Next week I will not have this luxury. I start my summer grad school class on Monday and have to be in Cookeville by 9:00. It takes me about an hour and tem minutes to get from my house into the classroom. The biggest challenge of the next three weeks, besides getting up, going to the gym and showering before class, is going to be taking my lunch and not eating out. You know Blue Coast Burrito? Yeah, they have one in Cookeville. I am thinking I need to specifically plan a day or two to go there. That way I'm not torturing myself for 3 weeks.

Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in since I committed to only weighing on the 1st and 15th of the month. The scale plays opposite games with my mind. When I weigh too often it looks something like this....
Step on scale for initial weight....strict till the next day.
Step on the scale.... if I gained anything my mind says it didn't work so you can cheat today. (even though I know all the science behind it).  If I lost, my mind gives me permission to cheat as well. This is just a 6-week commitment so I can change the frequency if I want to, but I want to see if this helps.

I have kept track of my food intake today, including calories. I am within range for the day! Of course that meant having a kiwi for dessert instead of ice cream and hot fudge. I made a wonderful soup for dinner, it is not necessarily super healthy, but really good! It's a copycat version of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana soup. It's kinda healthy....it has kale, onions, potatoes, Italian sausage, and heavy whipping cream in it. Pretend you don't see a couple of those ingredients.



I am going strong on my 3 commitments! Hopefully, you will be greeted tomorrow with very good news, aka a loss of poundage!

Today's question.... Do you enjoy anything for dessert that isn't typically considered dessert?

4 comments:

  1. That soup looks fantastic!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fantastic! I need to find a "clean" substitute for heavy whipping cream! I guess I could substitute turkey sausage in there too.

      Delete
  2. So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I totally missed this post and had to go back and read it when you mentioned that I was mentioned 3 blogs in a row. I feel honored. Maybe someday you will earn your other "Z". -Suzz

    ReplyDelete