Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Day of Rest

I have been to the gym every day since last Monday. That's 10 days in a row... so I took today off. It's a rainy, gloomy day anyway.

Yesterday I did a little better on the Couch to 5K but I still didn't do all of day 1. I walked through run #5 and ended up walking 30 seconds of runs 6 and 7. My right calf just burned, not to mention I couldn't breathe. I'll keep doing day one until I actually complete day one as it's intended.

I also went grocery shopping yesterday. Goal: Buy nothing with high fructose corn syrup or corn syrup in it. CHECK! I even bought ice cream! I love ice cream but finding it without HFCS or CS, that wasn't easy. One word...Breyers. I know it is full of sugar and still not particularly good for me, but if I'm going to eat ice cream I might as well get the good stuff. Heinz Natural Ketchup is made with sugar instead of HFCS. Pretty much everything else I bought didn't have any sugar in it at all. The almond milk has cane sugar in it, I think.

Lunch today (of hamburgers, baked beans, and potato wedges) had no HFCS in anything. YAY!!! You can eat normal food without it, you just have to look for it.

Tomorrow it's back to school and back to the gym. Maybe tomorrow will be my day to finally complete day 1!  We shall see. I am so close!


Today's question: Do you read food labels normally? If you do, what are you looking for?

2 comments:

  1. Artificial sweetners, hfcs, cs, things I can't read. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a matter of life and death that I read food labels since we have a nut allergic member of the family. Lately, I've been paying more attention to the shear number of ingredients on the label. I know if it's a long list, then it likely has lots of bad ingredients. Enjoy your ice cream and day off! -Suzz

    ReplyDelete