Friday, July 5, 2013

Pathetic

Had I started this blog earlier this morning, before I went to the gym, I would have told you that today was the day I would complete day 1. I had breakfast, a sprouted English muffin with 1/2 pay of unsalted butter and water, before 5:30 and didn't start my workout until 6:30. I felt pretty good. I was dreading it, but I always do.

I warmed up for 5 minutes, did my first 1 minute run and felt great! It was easy. My legs weren't tired and I could breathe. I just knew I was going to complete day 1 as intended.
Well it all went downhill from there. I skipped # 4, only did the last 30 seconds of #5, and then skipped #6,7,8. My calf burned like crazy and I just plain didn't feel good. I walked pretty much the entire 2nd half! PATHETIC!! The only good news is that my breakfast and timing kept me from hurting under my ribs.

I really thought resting yesterday would have helped me. Instead, I feel like I'm starting over.

This last grad class was a bad idea. It's insane. I have no idea how I ever learned to read. I was already scared to teach kids to read, now I'm terrified!

Compound a bad morning with a stressful afternoon and being completely overwhelmed and you get a bad evening meal. I may have very well negated all the calories I burned this week. I guess I'll see Monday if I did.

It's 7:40 and I think I'm just going to bed.

Today's question: How do you recover from a bad day?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. My mantra - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Lean on HIM. We cannot do this in our own strength. You can absolutely do this, just remember whose strength you are using. Love you!

    ReplyDelete