Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I'm Still Here!

WHEW!!!!! Yesterday was my first day of class. I am taking a 2 1/2 week intensive class for grad school. It's a whole semester jammed into 13 days. I had to read 2 chapters and write papers on each. This will be a nightly thing, plus other papers and readings. I just have to survive for 2 1/2 weeks.

Okay, so what's been going on...

Sunday I fulfilled my goal of walking 5K at 3.0 mph. It felt really slow, but I made this goal 6 weeks ago when I couldn't walk 5 minutes without my heart hurting. I didn't even break a sweat. The bottom of my foot did hurt, but it was topical, something was making it raw.

Monday I started my Couch to 5K training. I went with the run 1 minute/walk 1 1/2 minutes 8 times. Before yesterday I had only run for 20 seconds. Of the 8 runs I ran 6 of them. I know that wasn't the ultimate goal, but it is twice as much as I had done before and for 3 times as long each interval. I'm happy with that! I skipped run s #4 and #6 and just kept walking through them. One thing I noticed was that I burned 243 calories and I found myself resisting temptations because I didn't want to negate those hard earned calories!

Today was not a run day so I did arm and leg weights. My arms are so weak!!

My challenges this month are not buying any HFCS or CS, drinking 2 1/2 liters of water a day, eat NO Mexican food and to do a Couch to 5K training program. So far, so good! 

I know several people are joining me in a couple of these. Let me know how it's going! If you don't think you can do a whole month, try a week!

Today's question: When you exercise is it normally a chore, or an escape? (I found that today it was an escape from reading and papers.)

1 comment:

  1. I've been lifting weights for 2 1/2 years during my lunch hour at work, 3 days a week. Mostly it's an escape, but some days if my heart/head isn't in it definitely a chore! I have a workout partner that never ever skips and makes me feel REALLY guilty if I skip.

    ReplyDelete