Saturday, June 29, 2013

I Did It!


Today at the gym I felt pretty good and decided to try the challenge of doing every other high interval (of 20 seconds) at a jog (4.6 mph). I DID IT! Well, I did it all but the last one.... which I did at 5.0 mph. After I did legs...
Adduction 3/10/70                      Abduction 3/10/70
Leg ext 3/10/30                           Leg curl 3/10/50

The leg extension is the hardest for me. You'd think my quads would be stronger than that! Maybe they were just tired.

Tomorrow I am going to walk 5K at 3.0 mph. Yes, that is slow compared to what I've been doing, but it is also a further distance than I do daily. It was also a goal I made for myself 6 weeks ago. I have been to the gym 6 days in a row this week, an hour walk at that pace should be like taking a day off, right? Plus, then I know I can at least do Sherry's Run in an hour.

I'm scared about Monday actually. According to my training schedule I am supposed to walk for 5 minutes, jog for 2 minutes and then walk 5 more. Me jog for 2 straight minutes??? If I don't blog on Monday, check the local hospital. I have another Couch to 5K plan on my phone. It is also 9 weeks. I had forgotten about it. Here's what it looks like...

Week 1

Runs 1, 2, and 3 - Run 1 minute, walk 1 1/2 minutes (repeat 8 times)

Week 2

Runs 1, 2, and 3 - Run 1 1/2 minutes, walk 2 minutes (repeat 6 times)

Week 3

Runs 1, 2,  and 3 - Run 1 1/2 minutes, walk 1 1/2 minutes, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes (repeat twice)

Week 4

Runs 1, 2, and 3 - Run 3 minutes, walk 1 1/2 minutes, run 5 minutes, walk 2 1/2 minutes (repeat twice)

Week 5

Run 1 - Run 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes (repeat 3 times)

Run 2 - Run 8 minutes, walk 5 minutes, run 8 minutes

Run 3 - Run 20 minutes (no walking) TERRIFYING TO ME!

Week 6

Run 1 - Run 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 8 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 5 minutes

Run 2 - Run 10 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 10 minutes

Run 3 - Run 25 minutes (no walking)

Week 7

Runs 1, 2, and 3 - Run 25 minutes

Week 8

Runs 1, 2, and 3 - Run 28 minutes

Week 9

Runs 1, 2, 3 - Run 30 minutes


It seems more doable in the beginning to me. What do y'all think?



Tonight is my monthly Girl's Night Out! I am so excited. I will attempt not to ruin everything I have accomplished in one evening.

Today's question: Who wants to train for a 5K along with me? We don't have to live in the same town. just knowing others are going through it to will be enough! Are you in?


No comments:

Post a Comment