Thursday, June 27, 2013

2 in 1 and HELP!

I didn't have a lot to talk about yesterday so I am combining 2 days into one post. (Thank you Lea Ann for noticing and calling me on it!)

Yesterday I did 5 high intervals at 4.6. That's a total of 1 minute and 40 seconds of running. After I did arms. I did tricep extensions (3/10/25) (sets/reps/weight), bicep curls (3/10/20), lat pull-down to the front and to the back (6/10/37.5), and the chest press (3/10/30). Shouldn't my biceps be stronger than my triceps? I find it interesting that I can do more weight with my triceps.

Food was a complete FAIL yesterday. I ate out for lunch and dinner. Lunch was okay, baked tilapia, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, and macaroni and cheese. (So the last two items weren't all that great). Then for dinner I had a calzone. It come in two HUGE pieces. One is plenty for a meal, but alas, I ate both. Next time I just need to ask for a to go box right away and get the second half out of my sight!

                                                                                                                                                                          

Today I tried to challenge myself to run every other high interval. I didn't do that exactly...BUT I did run 8 of the 18 high intervals! That was just one less. The first 4 I did at 4.6 mph and the other 4 I did at 4.7 mph. I didn't do every other one, some I did in a row, with a 20 second low interval in between. I just did what I felt like I could do and a little more. I kept telling myself, "I can do anything for 20 seconds." Then I refused to look at the timer and just focused on my stride and my music. After, I did legs. Hip adduction (3/10/50), hip abduction (3/10/50), leg curl (3/10/50), and leg extension (3/10/30). Again, I do more weight with my hamstrings than I do my quads. Weird.

Today I have an unpleasant task ahead. It involves attempting to clean out my dad's condo. I say attempt because he doesn't like to get rid of ANYTHING. Should be interesting. I have a feeling lunch will be fast food of some sort....sigh. I should take a lunch but I am not going to.


Okay, starting next week I am off of my commitment to do interval training. Have no fear, I am not going to stop training! I am trying to decide which course I should take. There is a  5-week walk/run 5K plan and there is a 9-week run plan (which I'm leaning toward.) I have 10-11 weeks to prepare for Sherry's Run. I just look at all of them and laugh. Of course if you had told me 6 weeks ago, when my chest hurt just walking at 3.0 mph for 5 minutes, that I would be running for almost 3 minutes during my workout, I would have laughed too. But I do 20 second spurts.  This is running it in one stretch. I am going to need lots of encouragement no matter which I choose.

The 9-Week Run Plan

WeekDay 1Day 2Day 3Day 4Day 5Day 6Day 7
15 min walk
2 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!5 min walk
2 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!5 min walk
3 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!Relax!
25 min walk
3 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!5 min walk
4 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!5 min walk
5 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!Relax!
35 min walk
6 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!4 min jog
5 min walk
4 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!5 min walk
7 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!Relax!
45 min walk
7 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!5 min walk
8 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!5 min walk
9 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!Relax!
55 min walk
9 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!6 min jog
5 min walk
6 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!5 min walk
10 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!5 min walk
11 min jog
5 min walk
65 min walk
11 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!13 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!15 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!Relax!
715 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!8 min jog
5 min walk
8 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!16 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!17 min jog
5 min walk
817 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!18 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!20 min jog
5 min walk
Relax!Relax!
920 min jogRelax!12 min jog
5 min walk
12 min jog
Relax!24 min jogRelax!25 min jog
1025 min jogRelax!27 min jogRelax!30 min jogRelax!Race Day!

(On some of the "Relax" days I'll do weights or the elliptical)

The 5-week Walk/Run Plan

Week
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
1Walk for 4 minutes, then jog for 1 minute. Repeat 4 more times. (Total workout time: 25 minutes)Walk for 4 minutes, then jog for 1 minute. Repeat 4 more times. (Total workout time: 25 minutes)Walk for 4 minutes, then jog for 1 minute. Repeat 5 more times. (Total workout time: 30 minutes)
2Walk for 3 minutes, then jog for 1.5 minutes. Repeat 5 more times. (Total workout time: 27 minutes)Walk for 3 minutes, then jog for 1.5 minutes. Repeat 5 more times. (Total workout time: 27 minutes)Walk for 3 minutes, then jog for 1.5 minutes. Repeat 6 more times. (Total workout time: 31.5 minutes)
3Walk for 3 minutes, then jog for 2 minutes. Repeat 5 more times. (Total workout time: 30 minutes)Walk for 3 minutes, then jog for 2 minutes. Repeat 5 more times. (Total workout time: 30 minutes)Walk for 3 minutes, then jog for 2 minutes. Repeat 6 more times. (Total workout time: 36 minutes)
4Walk for 2 minutes then jog for 2.5 minutes. Repeat 5 more times. (Total workout time: 27 minutes)Walk for 2 minutes then jog for 2.5 minutes. Repeat 5 more times. (Total workout time: 27 minutes)Walk for 2 minutes then jog for 2.5 minutes. Repeat 6 more times. (Total workout time: 31.5 minutes)
5Walk for 3 minutes, then jog for 3 minutes. Repeat 5 more times. (Total workout time: 36 minutes)

Well, what do you think?







 
Walk for 2 minutes, then jog for 3 minutes. Repeat 5 more times. (Total workout time: 30 minutes)



 
RACE DAY! Walk for 2 minutes, then jog for 3 minutes. Repeat 5 or more times until you finish the 3.1-mile race!

 
Today's question: Have you ever attempted or completed a Couch to 5-K program? How did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment