Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Silent Workout

I could have named this post the longest workout...EVER. I made the mistake of leaving my headphones at home this morning, which meant NO MUSIC!!! It was horrible, just horrible! I wanted to quit the entire time. There wasn't even any music playing in the gym! All I had was the hum of the machines, the pounding of feet, and the clanging of weights. It was a mental test today as well as a physical one. I made it through, but I WILL NOT forget them again!!

I did the same treadmill workout again, except I did 4.1 mph the 2nd to last interval and jogged at 4.3 mph the ENTIRE LAST INTERVAL!!!! A whole 20 seconds. That doesn't sound like much, but remember, I am quite overweight, out of shape AND.....I DIDN'T HAVE ANY MUSIC!!! My heart rate hit 92% of my max HR....yikes. but it came down quickly. I think I will try it again tomorrow. Heck, I may even try to do the last 2 intervals jogging.  

I did make the tortillas tonight. They were delicious but they took a lot of time. The actual mixing of the ingredients didn't I guess. Let's just say it is much easier to get one out of a package. But these are made with real ingredients and use coconut oil instead of shortening or vegetable oil. Plus they are whole wheat. It made 31 small tortillas. I have NO CLUE how I would adjust it to make less. Instead of pasting the whole recipe here, I am just going to let you go to the link yourself. It has step by step instructions and pictures. I would suggest 2 people be involved in making them too. My dad rolled them out and I cooked them. I am going to freeze some and refrigerate some. I think they will be great with hummus!


Made homemade whole wheat tortillas tonight. These are made with coconut oil.They are not pretty, but they are really good!


Well, I just finished my final project for my grad class! That is why I am so late posting. I figured that should be my priority. I still have to make my protein shake, take and set out my vitamins, and fill up my water bottles.  5:00 isn't too far away....sigh.

Today's question: Do you listen to music while exercising? What's on your playlist?

1 comment:

  1. I definitely listen to music, even though I work out in the cardio theater at my gym where they always have a movie playing. When I went on Monday my iPod was dead and I had no idea, so I had to work out without music and had to just watch the movie. Luckily it was a movie that I could enjoy, but it wasn't the same. My music varies a lot; mostly I just like having it loud in my ears so that I can close my eyes and just go. With the music playing just to me, it's easier for me to pray and talk/listen to God while I'm working out. I'm not good at meditating, but I've decided that I actually do a version of it while I'm working out.

    ReplyDelete