Saturday, June 22, 2013

What a Difference!

I didn't blog yesterday. I spent every waking moment last night making yard sale signs and cooking a nutritious dinner. I had salmon and roasted asparagus parmesan quinoa. For the latter, I made my asparagus like I normally do, click the link for the recipe, and then cut it up and put it in my cooked quinoa with some parmesan cheese. It was delish! My salmon was a little dryer than I like it. I rarely get it just right. I always cook it too long, but it scares me to not cook it long enough! I had to be up at 4:30, so I went to bed before 9:00. But, yesterday morning I did go to the gym, WITH my headphones, and I ended up jogging the last 5 seconds of my 2nd to last high interval and all of my last interval. That's 25 seconds! I felt like I could do more but I am sticking with my interval training till the end of June. My heart rate still gets above 90% of my max when I run, but it only got to 92%. My legs feel like they can go longer though.

This coming Tuesday will be 5 weeks working out consistently. Today, I helped host a club yard sale and had to load and unload 20 8' tables.....twice. If I had done that 5 weeks ago, I think I might have died! Today, my arms are a little sore, but other than that, I felt great doing it! I didn't need any breaks and my heart wasn't beating out of my chest. To me, this is as big of an accomplishment as losing weight!

One week and one day till my weigh in. Come July 1st I am going to do it once a week. I hate this waiting 15 days to see any progress. I just won't allow myself to do it everyday.

I hope all of my readers are considering accompanying me in my July challenge of not buying anything from the grocery store (for you, your husband, kids, etc.) that contains high fructose corn syrup or corn syrup in it. I say from the grocery store because we don't always have access to labels when we eat out. I will have a post this week that may surprise you and have you checking somewhere besides your food pantry for this ingredient!

I found this today and I need to think about it when I feel like giving up because something else is more enticing.

 
Today's question: What are some of your measurements of success in getting healthier besides the scale?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment