Wednesday, June 19, 2013

When Will I Be a Runner?

How long does one have to run to be considered a runner. I'm not talking about days or months, I'm talking about second and minutes. Today I did 10....seconds that is. I do not consider myself as a runner yet. But when will I?

I went to the treadmill again today and did the same workout as yesterday except the last 20 seconds I walked at 4.1 for 5 seconds, at 4.2 for 5 seconds and jogged at 4.3 for 10 seconds. 4.3 mph is my "breaking point". You know, the point you can't walk and keep up, you have to break into a run. I did it for 10 seconds today and I didn't fall off the treadmill or die. I was going to do the elliptical tomorrow but I think I'll stick with the treadmill. I want to try to increase the amount of time I run gradually. I am just a little concerned for my knees till I get some of this weight off. If they start hurting I will go to the elliptical for a while.

I did really well with my eating....this morning and afternoon. Then I went to out with my dad and ate an entire calzone! A big one. I was so hungry! The tuna fish, cheese, and orange for lunch are not doing the trick!. I did drink over 2 liters of water today though.

I was sent this today by a friend via my Suzanne's Rocks Facebook Page. I love it!
 
I think I need to see this every day! Thanks Terry! It was 5 seconds yesterday, 10 seconds today, soon it will be 30 minutes. Okay, maybe not soon, but I'll get there! I am torn between being optimistic and realistic. Sometimes my realistic seems more pessimistic but I don't mean for it to be.
 
Only 2 more days of grad school then I have a week off! I will have to say, I HAVE done very well at taking my lunch to school with me. That's something!
 
Today's question: What is a medium range goal you have and what are you doing to reach it?
 
Well, I had better get my protein shake made and vitamins taken and set out for the morning. 5:00 am comes early!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Do you like avocado? If so, try adding some to your tuna. It's really filling.

    Good job running! -Suzz

    ReplyDelete