Saturday, June 8, 2013

New Shoes!




I would like to thank my dearest friend Leslie for going to Fleet Feet in Murfreesboro with me today! It was a GREAT experience! I was afraid to go in there by myself (so silly). I was afraid they would look at me like I was crazy for going into a running store. I obviously don't look like I run. I didn't know what kind of questions to ask. Leslie runs, she'd know. Lisa helped me and she was wonderful! Leslie told her I'm going to be training for a 5K. Lisa didn't act surprised or anything! She just said, "Wonderful!" She measured my foot sitting and standing, watched me walk, and asked me a few questions. I told her about the foot pain I was having, too. I walk with my toes pointing away from each other, the opposite of pigeon toed. If I point my feet straight I feel like I am pigeon toed. I also walk on the outside of my foot. This was extremely obvious when she watched me walk. She went to the back and came out with 2 pairs of shoes, a pair of Asics and a pair of Adidas. The Asics felt better but my left toe felt like it was hitting something.  She went back and brought another pair out. and I tried them on. Much better! Now, I have worn a size 9 for a long time, occasionally an 8 1/2. The first two pairs were 9s. I asked her if these were a 9 1/2 and she said no, they were a 10! I would have NEVER tried on a size 10 in a shoe!. She made sure they "broke" in the right place when I bent my foot, they did, and I decided these were the ones. They are quite bright. I think I'll just wear them when I walk/run. I'll get more time out of them if I do it that way anyway. I'm excited to try them out this coming week!

This week will be a booger for me at school. I may be gasping for air from drowning in technology and literacy articles and chapters but I'll be blogging (hey, it's technology)!

I definitely recommend Fleet Feet! They are wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Fleet Feet sponsored the Sexual Assault Center's 5k back in April, but I've never been down there. I've been a brand snob for New Balance for quite a while now, but when I was looking for a new pair I decided on a pair of Ryka shoes and I'm loving them. They only design shoes for women, which I think is cool. It's a silly thing, but new shoes made me enjoy my workouts more because I was so excited to get to wear new shoes...lol. Definitely made me feel like a girl. Hope your new shoes work for you!

    http://www.ryka.com/

    ReplyDelete