Tuesday, June 25, 2013

1 Minute 20 seconds!

I really challenged myself today. I ran the 1st two high intervals, at 4.3 mph and 4.4 mph respectively, and the last two high intervals, at 4.4 mph and 4.5 mph respectively! That's a grand total of 1 minute and 20 seconds! Then I did the leg abduction and leg adduction machines.

This waking up at 5:00 in the morning is starting to catch up with me. When I got home, I sat down and went to sleep.

For lunch I made me a chicken sandwich from my leftovers. I got the recipe from a clean eating magazine. I realized I have already posted it once. Click here or on the picture to see it! It's been a while.

 
                                                                                                                                              
 


I had two bowls of ice cream today!! I'm glad I ate really well other than that! I think I am going to have to keep it out of the house. :(
 
Okay, so I promised a shocking discovery regarding high fructose corn syrup. I've said to check your pantry, now check your vitamins! Here is the front and back of a popular brand...
 

It's important to know how ingredients are listed. They are listed by how much of the product is made up of the ingredient. So the 1st ingredient is the highest percentage of the makeup of the product. The first ingredient of this vitamin is corn syrup and the second is sucrose. THE FIRST 2 INGREDIENTS ARE SUGAR!!!! Sugar is also mentioned later. This is a vitamin! I did some investigating at Kroger and found that the gummy vitamins are just like this and Flintstones vitamins lists sugar as it's first ingredient. I think these companies are taking Mary Poppins a little too seriously! I understand that if you're going make a chewable vitamin, especially one that kids will take, it has to taste decent, but why not use cane juice or something? There are better options! And adults, just swallow your vitamins! I'll post more on vitamins later, there is a BIG difference in brands.
 
Today's question: Do you take vitamins? If so ,what?

 
                                   

1 comment:

  1. Love Trader Joe's vitamins. Got some Vitacost vitamins as well. No sugar, but one does have caramel color. I have to take a multi, calcium and D. I take fish oil and a couple of other things occasionally.

    ReplyDelete