Monday, June 17, 2013

Snacks.... but I like them!

I have been tracking my food today on Spark People. I tend to do better when I record everything. I ended up just a little bit over my calorie allowance for the day...thanks to snacks. I had very sensible meals and I didn't have bad snacks really, just too many. I like recording everything in Spark People because I can easily see what I could have done without or traded out. I do get frustrated with food journaling though. There is no way for it to always be exact and that bugs me. This is especially true for me when I eat out. I rarely eat things the way they come, like I won't get mayonnaise or special sauces on burgers or sandwiches. That one ingredient can make a HUGE difference in the calorie and fat content of a food!

I hit the gym this morning. I felt much better today while exercising. My energy was back. I am walking faster and climbing stairs even easier at school. OH! And I saw my resting heart rate in the 70s for the first time in a very, very long time! It was 78 BPM but I'll take it! It is more consistently in the 80s and 90s though.

I am going to attempt to make my own whole wheat tortillas with coconut oil tomorrow night. If they turn out that will be my recipe post for tomorrow. I am excited about dinner tomorrow night, fajitas, my favorite! The only problem is, I know I won't lay off the cheese. Moderation....yeah right!

I am going to be on my anti-high fructose corn syrup kick at least till I start my challenge on July 1st. Here is an interesting report that likens HFCS to cocaine. It's only 2 and a half minutes so take a couple of minutes to watch it.



Today's question: Do you or have you ever kept a food journal? Does it help or do you get frustrated with it?

3 comments:

  1. I did really good with keeping track of everything on MyFitnessPal for a while, but for the past month I have only been keeping track of my exercise. Keeping track did actually help, but you're right in that it's impossible to really keep track of everything, especially if you're cooking or eating out. When I was keeping track I was doing mostly protein shakes and Healthy Choice meals and that made it a bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was eating mostly pre packaged food i kept track pretty easily but it gets harder the more regular food I eat and eat out.

    It is/was helpful but it can be so frustrating at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me, it does help, but it becomes cumbersome. I am a perfectionist and when I don't track right it bothers me and I quit. I like to plan meals/snacks for the week, but the food and portion it out. Then I try to stick to what is on the menu the best I can and have grace if I slip.

    ReplyDelete