Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesday's Theme and Terry

I seem to have a "T" thing going on today! First I want to show off my friend Terry. I am so proud of her! She has lost 30 pounds in 3 months and is down 2 pant's sizes!! Go Terry! She is another one of my inspirations and one I get to see every once in a while. You'd think we'd see each other more since we just live 2 doors down from each other! Anyway, I am very proud of her!


I have had a really good day so far! I was up at 5:00 am, went to the gym, made it to class on time, ate the lunch I packed for myself, locked the keys in the car, and I am about to go to the chiropractor. Okay, so it wasn't perfect, but the campus police took less than 3 minutes to find me and about 15 seconds to open the car door. Plus it is beautiful outside! I will likely go out to dinner with my dad tonight but I will try to be sensible. This morning did prove that I am capable of getting up and going to the gym before class. I really don't have many valid excuses not to now.

In order to keep me motivated to keep blogging I have decided to do a couple of weekly themes. Tuesdays will be recipes! These will be recipes that are either Clean, Cleaned-up, or in some way better for you.

I'm going to start SUPER simple! I have a lot of people that ask me how I make my asparagus. STOP! Before you say, "EWWW!" I used to HATE asparagus. Just give it a try. A little tip on buying asparagus: it is one of the vegetables that you don't have to worry about buying organic. I'll have a post soon on the "dirty dozen." Those are the foods that you should buy organic.

 
Roasted Parmesan Asparagus


Asparagus, fresh
olive oil or coconut oil (I use coconut oil personally)
sea salt
shredded parmesan cheese

Notice, I did not put any numbers. It's really all according to taste and you can make as much or as little as you need..

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Take your fresh asparagus and either cut or break the woody ends off. Rub the stalks with the oil. I just put it on my hands and rub the stalks real good. I find I use less oil when I do this. Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. (Cover the sheet with aluminum foil for super quick clean up!) Sprinkle the asparagus with the sea salt. Put in the oven for 6 minutes, toss around a little then put back for 5-6 more minutes. As soon as you take them out the final time sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese. Asparagus is best when eaten warm, in my humble opinion, and it cools off quickly, so make sure this is one of the last things ready.
 
I hope you enjoy it!

Today's question: Who inspires you to do something that stretches you?

 


 


 


 



1 comment:

  1. My sister inspired me to do a 30-day ab challenge. -Suzz

    ReplyDelete