Sunday, June 16, 2013

Trying to Stay Positive

15 days and just 2 measly pounds! I am trying to stay positive and tell myself it's better than a gain. I am a little frustrated though...okay, a lot frustrated! Then I also think, it's not just about the weight loss. I feel a lot better. I can climb stairs without having to recover at the top, my heart rate is lowering, BUT 2 POUNDS????!!!



Normally, I would call it quits now. Instead, I took an inventory of the freezers and planned out every dinner this week, including the ones I'll eat out. I planned my breakfasts and my lunches. I must have a plan this week! I'll continue my no soda and workout commitment too.



I have failed at the blogathon, too. I missed 2 days in a row (and NO ONE held my feet to the fire and asked me why I hadn't blogged.) Friday, I just didn't. Yesterday, I drove to a wedding in Virginia and drove for over 12 hours round trip. I was busy from 5:00am to 3:00am.  (It was lovely by the way.) I feel very off track, but I'm back, scratching to get back on track.


Thought this was fitting to take a look at...






I have had several people say that they are interested in joining me in July to not buy anything with high fructose corn syrup or corn syrup in it at the grocery store. At the very least it will be an exercise in reading the ingredients of the food we buy. I want to start with HFCS because I think a month without buying anything with sugar in it is a little drastic for me right now. Let's start slow and fairly easy. I say fairly easy because you will be surprised what all it's in! And be careful, they are getting more clever at trying to hide it. If you are big on protein bars, go check the ingredient list, oh, and go check your sandwich bread, yogurt and cereal too. And before you say that you won't make your kids be burdened with your decision to eat different,
there are major studies out there that link HFCS, CS, and fructose that link to learning and memory problems. (And they make a distinction between the fructose they put in foods and what you get from eating natural fruit. There is a difference.) Just some things to think about and asking that you give it a try.







So, I am going to need your help this week staying on track! I want at least a healthy 5 pound loss by the 30th!



Today's question: Go through your pantry and fridge. Did you find anything with HFCS, CS, or fructose that surprised you? (And let me know if you're on board for the July Challenge, that's what I'm going to call it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment