Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Was It Worth It?

Yesterday I blogged as I was drinking my Mexican Coke. It was wonderful! Today I think I should blog about what happened after drinking it.....

About 10-15 minutes after drinking it my heart started racing really fast and I really didn't feel good. About 20 minutes after I got really, really, really sleepy. I could barely keep my eyes open. As I was going through it I realized that it was exactly how I used to feel most of my day! When you stop, I guess the change to feeling better didn't happen all at once, so when I had the sudden onset of "symptoms" it was very noticeable! I now find myself arguing with myself! Is that feeling worth another coke? This morning a lady in my grad class asked me how my Mexican Coke was and I told her what happened. She suggested I taste, swish, and spit...as she laughed. Hey, I might try it!

As for eating out last night, I brought most of my food home! I knew I was full and actually had the control not to make myself miserable! This is a pretty big deal for me.
Today, however, I fell off the wagon and stopped at Wendy's for lunch. It's the first time I fell into that trap since my classes started. I made it a whole week and a half.....pitiful! I have to shake it off! I need to print this off and put it on my steering wheel!


 
Today's question: What do you do when you "fall off the wagon?"


No comments:

Post a Comment