Monday, June 3, 2013

Not a Total Loss...

Today was my first day of class this summer. I'm in grad school and I am finishing up my last two classes, before I have to start the dreaded problem paper, this summer. They are both only 3 weeks long. Imagine, a whole semester crammed into 3 weeks! I have to have a book read by next Monday and I have a research paper is due next Thursday. That's only two of the things I have to do! I am slightly overwhelmed. I just keep thinking, it'll all be over in 3 weeks. I just hope it's all over with an A at the end!

I started the day off with my Shaklee Cinch protein shake and vitamins. Then I, well I didn't go to the gym. I am glad I went yesterday! Of course that means I have to go every day the rest of this week to keep my commitment. I did take my lunch! I had tuna fish with just enough Miracle Whip to hold it together, a boiled egg white, and an orange. I ate in the Learning Resource Center because I thought it would be safe, except there was food in there for a birthday party and they welcomed us all to it. I had four slices of some cheese. I stayed away from the sweets just fine! My weakness is CHEESE! My mom always called me the cheese kid. I think I could live on cheese and bread for the rest of my life! I went 100 days without caffeine and 100 days without chocolate, but I only made it 10 days without cheese before I gave up! Anyway, all in all, not a bad lunch. Oh, I guess I should mention that my professor passed around a container of fun sized candy and I had 3 fun size Twix felt obligated to take some. They just have 80 calories each...which quickly turned into 240 calories! Yikes! Evil little things!

When I left campus, I pulled out on the main road and heard a horrible bang and then a clunk. No worries, it was just my favorite water bottle flying off the car! I did a U-turn in the middle of the street, stopped in the turn lane and ran out to pick it up! I love that thing! It was no worse for the wear and only sustained a little road rash on the bottle and on the spout. I think I 'll have to file down the spout a little.




It's hard to see but the spout is now a little rough around the edges.

It should have been easy from here on, right? I mean, I'm home! I resisted the temptation of fast food, and most of the junk at school. Well, I could have gone to the gym, but I decided to lay on the couch and commiserate the three weeks I have ahead of me. (I did get to have a wonderful chat with my dear friend from Virginia, Susan Noe too!) I then cooked dinner, chicken carbonara. Not the healthiest meal, but I made it at home so it wasn't full of fake junk. I used 100% whole wheat pasta. I put it in the Lose it Recipe section and it came out with 270 calories per serving. The actual food wouldn't have been a problem IF I hadn't set it on the table instead of measuring some out and putting it in my plate. From now on, I fill my plate and that's it! I had at least 2 or 2 1/2 servings! Then after dad and I had ice cream and homemade hot fudge. The homemade hot fudge is something I am not willing to give up. My mom made it and it is one of the few things I can make that tastes just like her's. I'll work the calories and sugar into my day.

So the day wasn't a total loss, but there was no real excuse for it not to be a great day. I have portioned left-overs for lunch tomorrow and I am determined to go to the gym. I just thought, I have to turn in a research paper 2 days before my weigh day gets here! Perspective! Suddenly a day that felt so far away seems so close now.

Well, tomorrow is a new day. I am thinking blackened salmon, asparagus, and quinoa for dinner. I'm pretty excited about my blog tomorrow! I am starting                                Tuesdays. You'll have to come back tomorrow to see what Tuesday's will have in store!

Question of the day: My biggest weakness is cheese. What's yours?

1 comment:

  1. Red Velvet Cupcakes m Mountain Dew or Cheezy Gordita Crunch from Taco Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laurie

    ReplyDelete