Friday, June 28, 2013

TMI

I pride myself on being really honest on this blog. Today, I may be a little too honest. BUT, I figure if you have already blazed this trail then you may have some knowledge to pass on. If you are just now starting, my experiences my help you along the way. So here is my issue.... My lower digestive system really starts to act up at about the half mile point. I can suppress it, but as soon as I am done and stretch my calves and quads I have to go #2. I always go before I start my workout too. All I have for breakfast is a protein shake made with chocolate almond milk. It makes me nervous to do a 5K! What if I have to poop??? Just keepin' it real here, folks, just keepin' it real.

Now for more reality.... today's workout. It wasn't bad, but my goal was to do every other high interval at least at a 4.6 mph pace. My body said, "NO!" I really just wasn't feeling it. I haven't really taken a day of rest, and I add a challenge everyday so I guess I should listen. But my body and mind did compromise and I did my last 20 second high interval at 5.0 mph. After that, I stretched, pooped (as was previously mentioned), and did arms.

Bicep Curl 3/10/30
Tricep Ext. 3/10/30
Chest Press 3/10/30
Lat Pull Down (to the front and back) 6/10/37.5
and I added a Back Extension today 3/10/75

I went up 10 pounds on the bicep curl and 5 on the tricep extension. All in all, a good workout today.

Those of you that know me, know I am a crafty person. I just made my notebook for my 5K training log which starts on Monday. Oh, and I was wrong, it is a 10 week program, not a 9 week program. I only have an extra week to play with! YIKES!

Going into the weekend..... I saw this on a Facebook group I am in. the blog listed on the picture is worth checking out. Overall, it is a little advanced for me right now.... but not for long!

 
Today's question: Do you tend work hard during the week and take it easy on the weekend, or are you a weekend warrior?


No comments:

Post a Comment