Monday, June 24, 2013

40 Seconds!!!!

I have had quite a productive morning. I got up at 5:00 even though I don't have class this week. I don't want to get out of the habit. I went to the gym and hit the Big Bad Treadmill. I warmed up at 3.0 mph and then did my intervals, high at 4.0 mph and low at 3.0 mph for the 1st 6 minutes. The last 6 minutes I did my high intervals at 4.1 and low at 3.1. THEN the 2nd to last high interval I ran at 4.3 and the last high interval I ran at 4.4! That's a grand total of 40 seconds of running! I know it doesn't seem like much, but 5 weeks ago I couldn't run for 10 seconds!

After my workout I spent a little quality time in the restroom, I'll spare you the details, but let's say my lower digestive system isn't cooperating with me today. Since I don't have class I decided to do a couple of weights. I would have stayed and done more if I had felt better. But I did do 3 sets of bicep curls and 3 sets of tricep extensions.

Then it was off to the grocery store. I am going to a Recipe Night hosted by my chiropractor. I am making "fried" quinoa. It's like fried rice, but much healthier. I needed some bean sprouts for it and NO ONE HAS ANY! I had to settle for alfalfa sprouts. If you came to my house right now you would see an abundance of fruit. I am on some sort of a fruit kick. I have bananas, oranges, kiwi, watermelon, and black seedless grapes.
                                                                                                                                                                   

Well, the votes for the Recipe Night are in. The good news is I tied for 1st place! The bad news is a 2 year old picked a hand for the tie breaker and I didn't win. The prize of a $50 gift card to Whole Foods went to the other lady. If I had only voted for myself, but I didn't. Everyone raved about the "fried" quinoa though. The kids there liked it too.

There wasn't much there I did like, I am a really picky eater, so I was hungry after. Instead of just coming home and finding something, I decided to stop at Chick-Fil-A. I got a chicken sandwich with extra pickles and in unsweetened tea. I SHOULD have gotten the charbroiled chicken sandwich...actually, I should have just come on home. On a good note, I had a really healthy sandwich for lunch. I think I'll post the recipe for it tomorrow. Click on the links above for the "fried" quinoa recipe.

I don't like getting home late. I still need to make my shake and take and set out my vitamins for in the morning. I am ready to sleep!

This pretty much sums up how I feel about this whole weight loss thing.....
 
Today's question: Do you cardio and weight training? Which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment