Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's the Little Victories

This morning was a challenge. I needed to be in Cookeville (at least an hour drive from me) by 8:00 am. I had a conference that lasted till 3:00. If I was at the gym when the doors opened at 6:00 I could make it. 5:00 am came mighty early! It was oh so tempting to just say I'd go in the afternoon. I was even contemplating after I was up for 30 minutes! I finally decided to just GO... and I made it to the conference just in time. And then I sat on butt pretty much ALL day! That's the problem with conferences, too much sitting. I had a victory by default too. They had lots of snacks at the conference, but I didn't like any of them! They had honey buns, and cinnamon rolls, banana nut muffins.... YUCK! None of it even tempted me. The ice cold sodas did, but I steered clear.

I did have Blue Coast Burrito for lunch but I got a small burrito instead of the large. I did eat 4 ounces of cheese dip all by myself.  BUT, I had unsweetened tea. I just don't think I can give up this type of food forever. I might try a short term commitment though, like going a whole week without it.

Sorry, today's blog is kinda boring. All I seem to have on my brain is that I have a book I need to read before Monday and a research paper due Wednesday, that I don't even have a topic for yet. Oh, and a 1 1/2 hour discussion to present and lead on Thursday. I'm so glad I get my Mexican Coke next Tuesday!

Today's Question: What do most of the people you are around find tempting that you don't care for. (Some others of mine are pie, cheesecake, anything with nuts in it, and anything with chocolate and peanut butter together.... yuck, yuck, yuck!)

I'll leave you with this (since I'm all about the commitments)....  Are you in or out?


No comments:

Post a Comment